Why Todd?

Kinda just screams "douchebag," doesn't it?


First, a point of clarification. There is no comma in between "why" and "Todd." Today I'm answering why we named my cancer Todd, not asking why Todd is doing what he's doing.

As we've already established, Todd is a dick. And in stereotypical douchebag fashion, there isn't a whole lot of explaining happening for what he does on a regular basis.

Side note--I'm hurting today. I have good days and bad ones. The steroids I've been taking have really helped with my back pain, but we're coming up on the time when they'll stop being as effective. My adrenals will freak out, and we'll have to figure something else out. The past couple of days, it feels like that might have been happening.

Or, it could be that I'm just sore from the three biopsies they took on Thursday. That could be a thing.

Back to Todd. Why did we name him Todd?

Well, Todd's that guy who wears a flat-brimmed cap angled slightly to the side. The bro who says "brah" all the time. The man-child who sells pesticide during the summer so that he can "get the honeys" all during the winter with his ill-gotten gain.

The dude who does CrossFit and WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

I mean, Todd... Brett... is there any difference really?

I live in Provo, Utah. Probably the whitest place on the planet, except for like, Antarctica or something. And there are a LOT of Todds running around. Brovos, we will oftentimes call them. There are whole Twitter and Instagram feeds dedicated to documenting this common, but TOTALLY PERSECUTED AND UNDER ATTACK IN TODAY'S LIBTARD CULTURE (man, I just can't help it, can I?) creature.

They tend to be young, white, Republican (or Libertarian)--sorry for the brief foray into politics there--super duper straight (as far as you know) and a veritable FONT of useless information on any subject that you don't really want to talk about.

They'll talk over you, given half a chance. Double the chance if you possess breasts. They'll go on and on about how much they're looking for a down-to-earth woman (brah, do they even EXIST anymore?) who just wants to be a mom, but they'll be the first to send you an unsolicited snapshot of their junk (whoa, calm down, brahzini... it was just an accident).

So, there's your explanation for "why Todd?"

Any questions?

Next post.

Comments

  1. Yeah... I still don't "get" it. But at least now I understand that Todd is something you made up and is not a cultural reference that I missed.

    The first picture is of Justin Bieber isn't it? I know a lot of people hate on him, maybe for good reason (though probably not, because people are generally not very thoughtful or compassionate), but I imagine it would be very difficult to have the kind of fame and fortune he had, at such a young age, and NOT come out the other side a little screwed up.

    I also wonder what would happen if, instead of fighting Todd you were to embrace him lovingly while at the same time letting him know that he is not welcome in your body and must leave? Just a thought... but "fight" feels like the wrong energy to bring to this situation. (What you resist, persists, and all that). "Love" feels like the right energy for you right now. Love, love, love. Love your self. Love your family. Love your job(s). Love your chemo. Love your cancer. And see what happens. Even if this cancer ends up being the thing that kills you, you will exit life happier if you do it from a position of love than from a position of fighting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts